Cord Garcia (4♠4♦) bets $3 mil Bradley McFarland (A♦ 8♥) calls. Q♦4♦2♥2♣7♦ (Cord’s equity is slightly (10% to 14% favorite) better than Bradley’s barring help from the board)
Cord triple-barrels hitting middle set (444) for $4.1 mil, on the 2 for $8.4 mil (which gives Cord fours over twos), and on the 7 for $17.5 mil. Bradley inexplicably (in a very bad bluff) comes over the top quickly moving all-in.
Cord (25, Houston) finishes 1rst for $638,880 while Bradley (25, PA) is 2nd for $386,253
(Chip count at onset of this (final) hand) :
Cord Garcia $57,000,000 Bradley McFarland $55,000,000
The two had played small-ball for nearly 1/2 an hour prior to this hand.
Both entrants overcome a field of 22,374 players to make final-table (of 9 players).
The $5 million guaranteed $565 buy-in 2015 World Series of Poker ‘Colossus’ no-limit hold’em event draws the largest field in ever in the story of the live tournament. 22,374 entries were made in the re-entry event, blowing away the guarantee to build a $11,187,000 prize pool. 14,284 unique players, including 5,664 first time WSOP players participate. From that giant sea of hopefuls only one can emerge with the bracelet and the $638,880 first-place prize, and that player is Cord Garcia. For the win the 25-year-old poker pro from Houston, TX earned $638,880 and his 1rst WSOP gold bracelet. His most notable win prior to this came in a $365 buy-in WSOP Circuit Bossier City event, earning him a circuit ring. “It feels like it is my breakthrough,” said Garcia after the win. “But at the same time, I feel like I am capable of doing bigger things.” Garcia came into the final table as one of the shortest stacks, joined by fellow Texan Ray Henson, who won the largest ever WSOP Circuit event earlier this year. …
Todd Akira Morikawa
- Follow Akira Morikawa on WordPress.com
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- WSJ Reporter Investigating Hillary Clinton, Found Dead • r/The_Donald
- A Liberal Movement I Can Get Behind • r/The_Donald
- Two Republicans and a truck • r/The_Donald
- The kind left! Imagine if anyone ever said this about the Obamas • r/The_Donald
- The One Number That Shows Why Climate Change Is Making Hurricane Season Worse: '...the air can hold 7% more water with every degree Celsius that the temperature rises.' • r/worldnews
- Hurricane Irma upgraded to Category 5 • r/news
- Florida Declares State Of Emergency As Category 4 Hurricane Irma Barrels Straight For Miami. FLOTUS Ready to Re-Deploy Stilettos • r/The_Donald
- (via 10+ Epic Photos From Burning Man 2017 That Prove It’s...
- WOW! The Media is stepping up their attack on Taylor Swift for not talking about Trump. The Meida's angle? Go after one of Swift's Dancers that is black and openly gay and call him a "sellout"! Front Page of Yahoo. Unbelievable! • r/The_Donald
- I am a 21 year old girl taking medical marijuana for my Tourette Syndrome, AMA! • r/IAmA
- Giving every adult in the United States a $1,000 cash handout per month would grow the economy by $2.5 trillion by 2025, according to a new study on universal basic income. • r/Futurology
- These 7 Forces Are Changing the World at an Extraordinary Rate
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Akira Morikawa’s Goodreads
- 6,599 hits
Top Posts & Pages
Rock the Vote