Cord Garcia (4♠4♦) bets $3 mil Bradley McFarland (A♦ 8♥) calls. Q♦4♦2♥2♣7♦ (Cord’s equity is slightly (10% to 14% favorite) better than Bradley’s barring help from the board)
Cord triple-barrels hitting middle set (444) for $4.1 mil, on the 2 for $8.4 mil (which gives Cord fours over twos), and on the 7 for $17.5 mil. Bradley inexplicably (in a very bad bluff) comes over the top quickly moving all-in.
Cord (25, Houston) finishes 1rst for $638,880 while Bradley (25, PA) is 2nd for $386,253
(Chip count at onset of this (final) hand) :
Cord Garcia $57,000,000 Bradley McFarland $55,000,000
The two had played small-ball for nearly 1/2 an hour prior to this hand.
Both entrants overcome a field of 22,374 players to make final-table (of 9 players).
The $5 million guaranteed $565 buy-in 2015 World Series of Poker ‘Colossus’ no-limit hold’em event draws the largest field in ever in the story of the live tournament. 22,374 entries were made in the re-entry event, blowing away the guarantee to build a $11,187,000 prize pool. 14,284 unique players, including 5,664 first time WSOP players participate. From that giant sea of hopefuls only one can emerge with the bracelet and the $638,880 first-place prize, and that player is Cord Garcia. For the win the 25-year-old poker pro from Houston, TX earned $638,880 and his 1rst WSOP gold bracelet. His most notable win prior to this came in a $365 buy-in WSOP Circuit Bossier City event, earning him a circuit ring. “It feels like it is my breakthrough,” said Garcia after the win. “But at the same time, I feel like I am capable of doing bigger things.” Garcia came into the final table as one of the shortest stacks, joined by fellow Texan Ray Henson, who won the largest ever WSOP Circuit event earlier this year. …
Todd Akira Morikawa
- Follow Akira Morikawa on WordPress.com
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Marijuana Chewing Gum to Relieve Fibromyalgia Pain
- The Reemergence Of Crypto Trading In China - Crypto Daily
- In the Future, There Will Be No Limit to What AI Can Accomplish in Science
- How Blockchain Is Helping Democratize Access to Credit
- What Global Challenges Will We Solve With Exascale Supercomputers?
- lsleofskye:Blue caves 😎 | nolanomura
- What Will It Take For Bitcoin To Replace The Dollar In Everyday Transactions
- Analysis | The U.S. government is set to borrow nearly $1 trillion this year, an 84 percent jump from last year
- World set to run out of Thoughts and Prayers, Sincere Condolences, Deepest Sympathy, 'I'm Sorry to hear that,' by 2019 at current pace.
- JP Morgan Openly Praises Bitcoin - Crypto Daily
- Ethereum's Blockchain Is Being Trailed In A Number Of Exciting Ways - Crypto Daily
- Hedge fund manager: I believe so strongly in bitcoin and other cryptos I put nearly all my money in them
- Brain-Like Chips Now Beat the Human Brain in Speed and Efficiency
- JPMorgan Publishes The "Bitcoin Bible"
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Akira Morikawa’s Goodreads
- 7,082 hits
Top Posts & Pages
- In Control, Republicans See Budget as Way to Push Agenda
- Autophagy – the housekeeper in every cell that fights aging. AGINGSCIENCES™ – Anti-Aging Firewalls™
- Why does $500 trillion rich Rothschilds are not on Forbes richest people list?
- What's the craziest thing you saw while in combat?
- Lesnar: 'UFC and WWE Are The Same Racket, WWE's Just Better At It' | BJPENN.COM
- Chad 'lilholdem954' Batista dead at 35.
Rock the Vote