Cord Garcia (4♠4♦) bets $3 mil Bradley McFarland (A♦ 8♥) calls. Q♦4♦2♥2♣7♦ (Cord’s equity is slightly (10% to 14% favorite) better than Bradley’s barring help from the board)
Cord triple-barrels hitting middle set (444) for $4.1 mil, on the 2 for $8.4 mil (which gives Cord fours over twos), and on the 7 for $17.5 mil. Bradley inexplicably (in a very bad bluff) comes over the top quickly moving all-in.
Cord (25, Houston) finishes 1rst for $638,880 while Bradley (25, PA) is 2nd for $386,253
(Chip count at onset of this (final) hand) :
Cord Garcia $57,000,000 Bradley McFarland $55,000,000
The two had played small-ball for nearly 1/2 an hour prior to this hand.
Both entrants overcome a field of 22,374 players to make final-table (of 9 players).
The $5 million guaranteed $565 buy-in 2015 World Series of Poker ‘Colossus’ no-limit hold’em event draws the largest field in ever in the story of the live tournament. 22,374 entries were made in the re-entry event, blowing away the guarantee to build a $11,187,000 prize pool. 14,284 unique players, including 5,664 first time WSOP players participate. From that giant sea of hopefuls only one can emerge with the bracelet and the $638,880 first-place prize, and that player is Cord Garcia. For the win the 25-year-old poker pro from Houston, TX earned $638,880 and his 1rst WSOP gold bracelet. His most notable win prior to this came in a $365 buy-in WSOP Circuit Bossier City event, earning him a circuit ring. “It feels like it is my breakthrough,” said Garcia after the win. “But at the same time, I feel like I am capable of doing bigger things.” Garcia came into the final table as one of the shortest stacks, joined by fellow Texan Ray Henson, who won the largest ever WSOP Circuit event earlier this year. …
Todd Akira Morikawa
- Follow Akira Morikawa on WordPress.com
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Louis C.K. breaks silence on sexual assault allegations: 'These stories are true' • r/television
- The good news is the housing market is on the rebound. • r/funny
- Somewhere out there there's two bots matched on tinder that are still locked in conversation, spamming each other with phone numbers and cam site links • r/Showerthoughts
- World's witnessing a new Gilded Age as billionaires’ wealth swells to $6tn - The world’s super-rich hold the greatest concentration of wealth since the US Gilded Age at the turn of the 20th century, when families like the Carnegies, Rockefellers and Vanderbilts controlled vast fortunes. • r/worldnews
- Neil Gorsuch: Scalia's views on the Constitution aren't 'going anywhere on my watch' • r/The_Donald
- Live honestly. Work hard. Meet a nice girl. Love her. Marry her. Never touch another woman. Win all along and for the rest of your life. • r/The_Donald
- [WP] You are on a time travelers game show. To play the game, you travel back and change important moments in history, being awarded points for the difficulty and overall impact of the change. You just broke the high score. • r/WritingPrompts
- Apple Inc diversity chief fired for saying being minority is not enough criteria for determining diversity... • r/The_Donald
- TIL - In 1984 Ronald Reagan sent the Soviet Army on high alert after saying "We begin bombing in five minutes" while doing a sound check. • r/todayilearned
- Houston Area Woman Driving Around with Giant F Trump Sticker in Window Arrested for Fraud Warrant. LOL • r/The_Donald
- COMING TO A FEMALE NEAR YOU! The Groping Dems! • r/The_Donald
- Marilyn photographed by Carl Perutz, 1958. • r/OldSchoolCool
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Akira Morikawa’s Goodreads
- 6,855 hits
Top Posts & Pages
Rock the Vote