I feel that a lot of people have a very serious approach to poker. A studious approach. So they (chess and poker) definitely are similar in that they don’t want to have a 9-to-5. A lot of chess and poker players have that artistic-streak in them where they want to like just live life on their own terms. Sunday’s the really big poker day. Poker is more attached to the real-world; there’s more interest in making as much 💵 as possible and staying-afloat. You can’t blame them because the only way to make 💵 in poker is to have 💵. It’s a microcosm of a business (or life). If you don’t have 💵 to invest in a game — even if it’s a really good-game, you can’t play in it, then you can’t make that 💵. That’s why people in poker are obsessed with 💵 — which you don’t see in chess as much. (Chess is) more like an artist’s-life where money just represents time. They need it to keep playing.
- Jennifer Shahade is a professional poker player and two-time United States women’s chess champion. www.jennifershahade.com
Todd Akira Morikawa
- Follow Akira Morikawa on WordPress.com
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- What Makes a Genius?
- (via https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYip_Vuv8J0)
- What Does Cryptocurrency Have to Do With Blockchain Anyway?
- Jamie Dimon says he regrets calling bitcoin a fraud and believes in the technology behind it
- Mark Zuckerberg is 'studying' cryptocurrency, which could help Facebook catch Asian rivals
- (via Vermont House passes marijuana legalization bill. Senate to...
- (via https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb_LGKh1-FI)
- Louis C.K. breaks silence on sexual assault allegations: 'These stories are true' • r/television
- The good news is the housing market is on the rebound. • r/funny
- Somewhere out there there's two bots matched on tinder that are still locked in conversation, spamming each other with phone numbers and cam site links • r/Showerthoughts
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Akira Morikawa’s Goodreads
- 6,898 hits
Top Posts & Pages
Rock the Vote