Answer by Dixie Guill Golden:
Some dark lessons are too personal to share but I will share these:
- You have to be your own best friend.
- Everyone: spouses, children, parents, family members, friends and lovers all want something from you.
- People cannot change who they are deep inside.
- We are born alone and die alone.
- Good intentions are not enough.
- People that you love will always hurt you.
- Having no expectations of others is healthy.
- You're always on your own.
- There are no happy endings — only endings.
- If we cannot bend, we will break.
- Whoever is the most aware is the most responsible.
- We teach people how to treat us by what we allow them to do to us.
- There is only today.