“Prostitution is a seesaw of supply and demand: the customer pays for what he wants and hasn’t already got (no matter why) and the prostitute supplies it. An indirect food-sex equation of sorts emerges. The working girl [um, or guy] wants money; the customer wants sex. Money buys food; a hunger for sex works out to be the equivalent of a hunger for food. Oversimplified, yes… but prostitution, as women who work at it will tell you, is work like any other, and the reason we all work — whether or not we like what we do — is to put dinner on the table and to pay the rent.”
— Bunny Crumpacker (The Sex Life of Food)
Like restaurant dining, prostitution is a thrill. I can be a new me, if only for hour-long shifts.
That’s not to say that food and sex are the same. Restaurants and food are hedonistic, yes. Pleasure-giving, absolutely. They are not erotic.
People can live without sex. Food is different. Food gives life; sex gives humanity. That is sex’s singular power. I made a crippling mistake conflating the two. I thought that sex, stripped of love or even affection, could be utilitarian, a trade and nothing more. You can slap lipstick on a roasted suckling pig, but that pig is still just dinner.
‘What do you want?’
“Well, I need to eat.”
Todd Akira Morikawa
- Follow Akira Morikawa on WordPress.com
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Louis C.K. breaks silence on sexual assault allegations: 'These stories are true' • r/television
- The good news is the housing market is on the rebound. • r/funny
- Somewhere out there there's two bots matched on tinder that are still locked in conversation, spamming each other with phone numbers and cam site links • r/Showerthoughts
- World's witnessing a new Gilded Age as billionaires’ wealth swells to $6tn - The world’s super-rich hold the greatest concentration of wealth since the US Gilded Age at the turn of the 20th century, when families like the Carnegies, Rockefellers and Vanderbilts controlled vast fortunes. • r/worldnews
- Neil Gorsuch: Scalia's views on the Constitution aren't 'going anywhere on my watch' • r/The_Donald
- Live honestly. Work hard. Meet a nice girl. Love her. Marry her. Never touch another woman. Win all along and for the rest of your life. • r/The_Donald
- [WP] You are on a time travelers game show. To play the game, you travel back and change important moments in history, being awarded points for the difficulty and overall impact of the change. You just broke the high score. • r/WritingPrompts
- Apple Inc diversity chief fired for saying being minority is not enough criteria for determining diversity... • r/The_Donald
- TIL - In 1984 Ronald Reagan sent the Soviet Army on high alert after saying "We begin bombing in five minutes" while doing a sound check. • r/todayilearned
- Houston Area Woman Driving Around with Giant F Trump Sticker in Window Arrested for Fraud Warrant. LOL • r/The_Donald
- COMING TO A FEMALE NEAR YOU! The Groping Dems! • r/The_Donald
- Marilyn photographed by Carl Perutz, 1958. • r/OldSchoolCool
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Akira Morikawa’s Goodreads
- 6,857 hits
Top Posts & Pages
- One night in Paris (Paris Hilton) | Redtube Free Blonde Porn Videos, Amateur Movies & Clips
- What is the unsubstantiated salacious information that Kremlin has on Trump?
- What's the craziest thing you saw while in combat?
- Carl Icahn rails against the tyranny of the majority; blasts a corrupt-system of insider-trading and corporate kick-backs; rotten to it's core.
Rock the Vote