“Prostitution is a seesaw of supply and demand: the customer pays for what he wants and hasn’t already got (no matter why) and the prostitute supplies it. An indirect food-sex equation of sorts emerges. The working girl [um, or guy] wants money; the customer wants sex. Money buys food; a hunger for sex works out to be the equivalent of a hunger for food. Oversimplified, yes… but prostitution, as women who work at it will tell you, is work like any other, and the reason we all work — whether or not we like what we do — is to put dinner on the table and to pay the rent.”
— Bunny Crumpacker (The Sex Life of Food)
Like restaurant dining, prostitution is a thrill. I can be a new me, if only for hour-long shifts.
That’s not to say that food and sex are the same. Restaurants and food are hedonistic, yes. Pleasure-giving, absolutely. They are not erotic.
People can live without sex. Food is different. Food gives life; sex gives humanity. That is sex’s singular power. I made a crippling mistake conflating the two. I thought that sex, stripped of love or even affection, could be utilitarian, a trade and nothing more. You can slap lipstick on a roasted suckling pig, but that pig is still just dinner.
‘What do you want?’
“Well, I need to eat.”
Todd Akira Morikawa
- Follow Akira Morikawa on WordPress.com
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Marijuana Chewing Gum to Relieve Fibromyalgia Pain
- The Reemergence Of Crypto Trading In China - Crypto Daily
- In the Future, There Will Be No Limit to What AI Can Accomplish in Science
- How Blockchain Is Helping Democratize Access to Credit
- What Global Challenges Will We Solve With Exascale Supercomputers?
- lsleofskye:Blue caves 😎 | nolanomura
- What Will It Take For Bitcoin To Replace The Dollar In Everyday Transactions
- Analysis | The U.S. government is set to borrow nearly $1 trillion this year, an 84 percent jump from last year
- World set to run out of Thoughts and Prayers, Sincere Condolences, Deepest Sympathy, 'I'm Sorry to hear that,' by 2019 at current pace.
- JP Morgan Openly Praises Bitcoin - Crypto Daily
- Ethereum's Blockchain Is Being Trailed In A Number Of Exciting Ways - Crypto Daily
- Hedge fund manager: I believe so strongly in bitcoin and other cryptos I put nearly all my money in them
- Brain-Like Chips Now Beat the Human Brain in Speed and Efficiency
- JPMorgan Publishes The "Bitcoin Bible"
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Akira Morikawa’s Goodreads
- 7,059 hits
Top Posts & Pages
- Are Secret Clinton White House Tapes Lost to History?
- Brendan Bordelon - Boehner Vows to Fight Obama 'Tooth and Nail' on Amnesty
- Interview With Loni Harwood: “I’ve Really Grown as a Person” | PokerWomenNews
- Lesnar: 'UFC and WWE Are The Same Racket, WWE's Just Better At It' | BJPENN.COM
- What are the distinguishing characteristics of "scary smart" people?
- The Persistent, enduring Mythology of SAW and the new Religion of John Kramer (JIGSAW)
- ALERT: Secret Service experts worry about Obama's safety; now fearing a repeat of JFK
- Funeral Services Set for Sandra Bland found dead (of asphyxiation) hanging from a trash bag in her cell.after allegedly failing to use her turn-signal (and arrest).
Rock the Vote