If Ted Cruz is a beer, Donald J. Trump is a shot of whiskey. He’s a distillation of the rhetorical-techniques and tactics that have made Senator Ted Cruz a Tea Party darling. Ted Cruz is a big figure in national politics. So is Chris Christie. Mike Huckabee is a cable television host. These are men who are used to commanding a room, and on stage with Donald Trump they all seem about 8″. Trump may know nothing about politics, but he knows about television and he knows about self-promotion. He’s spent his adult life being criticized for tasteless self-promotion, but it’s never stopped him
Challenged by Megyn Kelly about the demeaning-way he treats women (i.e. Donald’s implying he’d love to see Brande Roderick (former Playboy Playmate contestant on The Celebrity Apprentice) ‘on her knees,’ Trump doesn’t back down; responding with a dig at old-foe Rosie O’Donnell, unflinchingly-defending his conduct.
*Brande, for her part says she ‘doesn’t remember’ any disparaging and/or sexist comments; ‘I’ve always had a positive experience around Donald. He’s always been encouraging. He’s never been disrespectful to me. He’s trying to be funny’*
‘The big problem this country has is being politically correct,’ Donald says. The audience laughs, cheers, and the camera cut back to Megyn Kelly’s bemused-expression. That happens several times: A Trump answer, an audience-cheer, and a shot of a moderator barely concealing their frustration.
Trump again makes an offensive and sexist comment about Megyn Kelly, to the delight of pundits saying this is the end, that surely no candidate could survive it. Once again they’re wrong; once again Trump rises in the polls – because the pundits don’t understand that what Republican voters want is not a courteous (and erudite) statesman, but a demagogue who will stand against liberal-oppression. That’s a part Trump is happy to play, and the more he plays it, the more his lead will solidify.
Todd Akira Morikawa
- Follow Akira Morikawa on WordPress.com
Todd Akira Morikawa
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- ‘Hunt & Kill All White Women’ Facebook Post Deemed Not Hate Speech • r/The_Donald
- Manufacturing Consent: Noam Chomsky and the Media (1992) - "The film presents and illustrates Chomsky's thesis that corporate media, as profit-driven institutions, tend to serve and further the agendas of the interests of dominant, elite groups in the society." • r/Documentaries
- IT'S OFFICIAL: CRITICISM OF ISLAM NO LONGER LEGAL IN CANADA • r/The_Donald
- 2017 is Watergate in reverse. In 1972, Nixon covered up the wire-tapping, and the Media broke the scandal. In 2017, the Media is covering up Obama’s surveillance ops, and President Trump is bringing it to light. • r/The_Donald
- **Bob Woodward, reporter who famously broke the Watergate scandal, says that Obama officials may be facing criminal charges for scheme to wiretap/unmask Trump** • r/The_Donald
- Trump reads The_Donald - he needs to see this (How he was spied on) • r/The_Donald
- In what positive ways has Donald Trump's presidency affected your life? • r/AskReddit
- (via https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgnO5fO46pE)
- (via https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq4j1LtCdww)
- “Stephen King once wrote, “Nightmares exist outside of...
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Akira Morikawa’s Goodreads
- 5,877 hits
Top Posts & Pages
- One night in Paris (Paris Hilton) | Redtube Free Blonde Porn Videos, Amateur Movies & Clips
- Daniel Negreanu Attacks Sheldon Adelson and RAWA Supporters
- Autophagy – the housekeeper in every cell that fights aging. AGINGSCIENCES™ – Anti-Aging Firewalls™
- Did Donald Trump inherit a lot of money and then increase his net worth at an unremarkable rate?
- How ‘Advantage Players’ Game the Casinos
- Miley Cyrus Sex Tape | Redtube Free Teens Porn Videos, Blowjob Movies & Amateur Clips
- Who is this beautiful girl in the ads of zivame.com?
Rock the Vote