If Ted Cruz is a beer, Donald J. Trump is a shot of whiskey. He’s a distillation of the rhetorical-techniques and tactics that have made Senator Ted Cruz a Tea Party darling. Ted Cruz is a big figure in national politics. So is Chris Christie. Mike Huckabee is a cable television host. These are men who are used to commanding a room, and on stage with Donald Trump they all seem about 8″. Trump may know nothing about politics, but he knows about television and he knows about self-promotion. He’s spent his adult life being criticized for tasteless self-promotion, but it’s never stopped him
Challenged by Megyn Kelly about the demeaning-way he treats women (i.e. Donald’s implying he’d love to see Brande Roderick (former Playboy Playmate contestant on The Celebrity Apprentice) ‘on her knees,’ Trump doesn’t back down; responding with a dig at old-foe Rosie O’Donnell, unflinchingly-defending his conduct.
*Brande, for her part says she ‘doesn’t remember’ any disparaging and/or sexist comments; ‘I’ve always had a positive experience around Donald. He’s always been encouraging. He’s never been disrespectful to me. He’s trying to be funny’*
‘The big problem this country has is being politically correct,’ Donald says. The audience laughs, cheers, and the camera cut back to Megyn Kelly’s bemused-expression. That happens several times: A Trump answer, an audience-cheer, and a shot of a moderator barely concealing their frustration.
Trump again makes an offensive and sexist comment about Megyn Kelly, to the delight of pundits saying this is the end, that surely no candidate could survive it. Once again they’re wrong; once again Trump rises in the polls – because the pundits don’t understand that what Republican voters want is not a courteous (and erudite) statesman, but a demagogue who will stand against liberal-oppression. That’s a part Trump is happy to play, and the more he plays it, the more his lead will solidify.
Todd Akira Morikawa
- Follow Akira Morikawa on WordPress.com
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Marijuana Chewing Gum to Relieve Fibromyalgia Pain
- The Reemergence Of Crypto Trading In China - Crypto Daily
- In the Future, There Will Be No Limit to What AI Can Accomplish in Science
- How Blockchain Is Helping Democratize Access to Credit
- What Global Challenges Will We Solve With Exascale Supercomputers?
- lsleofskye:Blue caves 😎 | nolanomura
- What Will It Take For Bitcoin To Replace The Dollar In Everyday Transactions
- Analysis | The U.S. government is set to borrow nearly $1 trillion this year, an 84 percent jump from last year
- World set to run out of Thoughts and Prayers, Sincere Condolences, Deepest Sympathy, 'I'm Sorry to hear that,' by 2019 at current pace.
- JP Morgan Openly Praises Bitcoin - Crypto Daily
- Ethereum's Blockchain Is Being Trailed In A Number Of Exciting Ways - Crypto Daily
- Hedge fund manager: I believe so strongly in bitcoin and other cryptos I put nearly all my money in them
- Brain-Like Chips Now Beat the Human Brain in Speed and Efficiency
- JPMorgan Publishes The "Bitcoin Bible"
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Akira Morikawa’s Goodreads
- 7,082 hits
Top Posts & Pages
- In Control, Republicans See Budget as Way to Push Agenda
- Autophagy – the housekeeper in every cell that fights aging. AGINGSCIENCES™ – Anti-Aging Firewalls™
- Why does $500 trillion rich Rothschilds are not on Forbes richest people list?
- What's the craziest thing you saw while in combat?
- Lesnar: 'UFC and WWE Are The Same Racket, WWE's Just Better At It' | BJPENN.COM
- Chad 'lilholdem954' Batista dead at 35.
Rock the Vote