If going into porn is like joining the corporate world, becoming a cam model is like owning your own business. It’s being your own boss. You’re in total control of the process, which for many women—especially college women—comes with benefits. There’s low cost of entry. The hours are flexible. Some models have agents (like famed college cam girl Kendra Sunderland), but usually, it’s Do It Yourself (D.I.Y.) sex-work. The camming industry is worth $1,000,000,000 ($1 bil) a year, making it more profitable than porn; which is not to say it’s easy money. What makes customers come to you? A hook? Trick? Gimmick? You need a trademark; something that gives you a uniqueness in a world of copycats and lookalikes; substance with style in a world filled with fluff, detritus, and bling-bling glittering yammering glamour; trite, worn-out, repeated plots; and dramas of victimization, control (and domination+submission) and revenge+pain.
‘I used to be a manager of an adult store, so I guess I always played around with the idea of camming or any kind of sex-work. My family has no money, so when this opportunity came up, I was like, ‘Wow this is real, I can do this, I’m comfortable with it, it’s really gonna make a difference.’’ (‘Valerie’)
‘I’m learning more about myself every day, like if a guy asks a request or something that I’ve never done or never heard, it’s a learning experience, in a way; It’s all just kind of fantasy to me—a way to express my fantasies and put them online with people I can share interests or kinks with.’ (‘Alex’)
For a dollar, you can send your first message to ‘Valerie,’ a 22-year-old college student living in southern Georgia. If she responds, you can spend more money to keep chatting. Maybe you’ll discuss literature, her tattoos—or whatever is on your mind. Eventually, you might feel comfortable enough to request a video of her doing an exotic dance (one of her favorite hobbies). Every dollar you spend will help her pay her tuition.
Mygirlfund‘s founder and C.E.O., Brian, estimates that around a third of the site’s members are students. ‘I think college girls do really well on the site because they’re intellectually stimulating, in a way, It’s about carrying on conversations—they might not be performers, but they are conversationalists.’ (’Stefan’)
Men pay $1 to send an initial-message, and women keep increasing percentages of the profit, starting at 65%, for replying. All other prices—for photos, custom videos, and live cam sessions—are left completely up to the women to decide (and negotiate).
Todd Akira Morikawa
- Follow Akira Morikawa on WordPress.com
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Marijuana Chewing Gum to Relieve Fibromyalgia Pain
- The Reemergence Of Crypto Trading In China - Crypto Daily
- In the Future, There Will Be No Limit to What AI Can Accomplish in Science
- How Blockchain Is Helping Democratize Access to Credit
- What Global Challenges Will We Solve With Exascale Supercomputers?
- lsleofskye:Blue caves 😎 | nolanomura
- What Will It Take For Bitcoin To Replace The Dollar In Everyday Transactions
- Analysis | The U.S. government is set to borrow nearly $1 trillion this year, an 84 percent jump from last year
- World set to run out of Thoughts and Prayers, Sincere Condolences, Deepest Sympathy, 'I'm Sorry to hear that,' by 2019 at current pace.
- JP Morgan Openly Praises Bitcoin - Crypto Daily
- Ethereum's Blockchain Is Being Trailed In A Number Of Exciting Ways - Crypto Daily
- Hedge fund manager: I believe so strongly in bitcoin and other cryptos I put nearly all my money in them
- Brain-Like Chips Now Beat the Human Brain in Speed and Efficiency
- JPMorgan Publishes The "Bitcoin Bible"
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Akira Morikawa’s Goodreads
- 7,082 hits
Top Posts & Pages
- In Control, Republicans See Budget as Way to Push Agenda
- Autophagy – the housekeeper in every cell that fights aging. AGINGSCIENCES™ – Anti-Aging Firewalls™
- Why does $500 trillion rich Rothschilds are not on Forbes richest people list?
- What's the craziest thing you saw while in combat?
- Lesnar: 'UFC and WWE Are The Same Racket, WWE's Just Better At It' | BJPENN.COM
- Chad 'lilholdem954' Batista dead at 35.
Rock the Vote