On Friday, a team of some of the world’s top heads-up no-limit players finished off a two-week long match against Carnegie Mellon University’s poker bot named “Claudico.” Bjorn Li, Doug Polk, Dong Kim and Jason Les each played 20,000 hands against the machine and were up a combined 732,700 chips, which was more than 7,300 big blinds. Despite the win, researchers at Carnegie Mellon don’t believe it proves Claudico is inferior to the humans, given the variance in poker, the relatively small sample size and the margin of victory. “We knew Claudico was the strongest computer poker program in the world, but we had no idea before this competition how it would fare against four top 10 poker players,” Tuomas Sandholm, the Carnegie Mellon professor of computer science who directed development of Claudico, said in a statement. “It would have been no shame for Claudico to lose to a set of such talented pros, so even pulling off a statistical tie with them is a tremendous achievement.”
Todd Akira Morikawa
- Follow Akira Morikawa on WordPress.com
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- James Altucher's answer to Will the United States ever collapse? - Quora
- Andreessen Horowitz Launches $300 Million Crypto Fund Co-Led By Its First Female General Partner
- Rat Chews Up Nearly $18,000 and Dies in ATM
- Blockchain for 2018 and Beyond: A (growing) list of blockchain use cases
- (via https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVCDqcbIuyM)
- (via https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p83LGHwJwqs)
- (via https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6jlhqNxRYk)
- (via https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eLuKXWztJs)
- EOS Mainnet Launches. 'Epic Vulnerabilities' Solved by Bounty Hunters, Say Block Producers - Blockchain News
- ‘Toshimoku’s Trading Tips & Tricks – #SatoshiMoku — CarpeNoctom – Medium
- Bitcoin Today: Prices Continue Skid Toward $7,000 as DOJ Launches Investigation
- Banks will trade cryptocurrency sooner than people think, says fmr. JPMorgan blockchain executive
- The Crypto-Awakening — or: what happens after the crash?
- The Paramount Battle of 6k
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Akira Morikawa’s Goodreads
- 8,034 hits
Top Posts & Pages
- Attorney Michael Ratner dead at 72 (1943-2016); Lead counsel for Julian Assange; Wikileaks : The passing of a legend.
- How intelligent is George W. Bush?
- Why does $500 trillion rich Rothschilds are not on Forbes richest people list?
- What is the unsubstantiated salacious information that Kremlin has on Trump?
- Trump's coup d'état in blitzkrieg strike; lays siege to Deep State
Rock the Vote